“Sometimes, if all you have is old words, all you can do is put them together and hope they say something new.” —J.D., Scrubs | Submitted by: sleepyjean (via quote-book)
500 days of summer...<3
- McKenzie: [drunk] So do you have a boyfriend?
- Summer: No.
- McKenzie: Why not?
- Summer: Because I don’t want one.
- McKenzie: Come on; I don’t believe that.
- Summer: You don’t believe that a woman could enjoy being free and independent?
- McKenzie: Are you a lesbian?
- Summer: [laughing] No I’m not a lesbian. I just, don’t feel comfortable being anyone’s girlfriend. I don’t actually feel comfortable being anyone’s anything.
- McKenzie: I don’t know what you’re talking about.
- Summer: Really?
- McKenzie: Nope.
- Summer: Ok, let me break it down for you–
- McKenzie: Break it down!
- Summer: Ok. I, like being on my own. I think relationships are messy and people’s feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We’re young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; might as well have fun while we can and, save the serious stuff for later.
- McKenzie: You’re a dude. [to Tom] She’s a dude!
- Tom: Ok but wait–wait. What happens, if you fall in love?
- [she scoffs]
- Tom: What?
- Summer: You don’t believe that, do you
- Tom: It’s love, it’s not Santa Claus.
(500) Days of Summer
Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you.
“I just don’t feel comfortable being anyone’s girlfriend. I don’t actually feel comfortable being anyone’s anything.” —500 Days of Summer (via megaoctopus)
“When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.” —Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love) | Submitted by: kate-kate-kate (via quote-book)
“Writing isn’t about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it’s about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well. It’s about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy.” —Stephen King (via 500daysofkissingmypillow) (via quote-book)
“To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” —
This makes me miss my family that much more especially because it’s so true.